Are you looking for software that will improve your productivity? Are you looking for a way to ease communication at your firm?
You might want to explore it a bit more because of the amazing benefits of it. Ensuring that you invest in the right platform for a longer interval is something this will help with.
Is there a good choice for your business? Will you make a good investment?
We can help you make the right decision by showing you features and benefits.
What is SharePoint?
Microsoft SharePoint Online is a web-based platform that is customer-oriented. It can be used with Microsoft Office to store and share files. A content and document management system is what it is.
It is possible to coordinate and communicate in a secure place with the help of SharePoint. You can build tasks, track schedules and get details about the projects.
The method to use SharePoint:
- Go to microsoft365.com as admin and choose the apps in the menu.
- Click on the create site if you want to choose a page.
- The team site has to be selected.
- The design of your website matches your requirements.
- The correct details include name and description.
- Click on Finish to finish the setup.
Why are SharePoint document libraries vital?
“They act as a place to keep your members lists. It’s possible to have a separate library for every client, internal department, and partner in the system. Once the users click on the library, they have access to the documents and content.”
The best way to use the document library is by using the following method.
- The documents can be chosen in the left-vertical pane.
- You can add new items by choosing new. The current library folder can be used to drag and drop files.
- You can open a Microsoft Office file with the app.
- You can change the file with other members at the same time in modern web apps. You have the ability to check out a file and stop others from working on it at the same time.
What is the purpose of SharePoint?
1. SharePoint Lists
You can manage the information using sharepoint lists and libraries. SharePoint lists are similar to spreadsheets that consist of rows and columns. It is available to users after concurrent access to avoid any hassle in the data.
The web-based features of the project management system make it easy to create, update, and review items in the list.
2. SharePoint Workflows
There is a set of decisions and tasks that you can use. They are similar to the automated flowchart application that handles standard business processes. If you want to save time and effort, you can use a set of templates in SharePoint. Consistency and efficiency will be gained from this.
The roles are linked to the workflows.
- Creator: The person who will create the template of workflow.
- Author: The person who will configure the workflow of your organization using a workflow template.
- Initiator: This person will start a new workflow instance for a list item or document. They have permission to terminate the workflow if needed.
- Participant: This individual performs the task associated with the workflow
3. SharePoint Search
Users are able to enter and execute search queries with this feature. There is a scope of search in the recent website. The search application processes the query and returns results that are in line with the query.
Links to libraries, lists, sites, documents, or web pages may be included in the search results. Permissions, previous searches and the context in responding to your queries are required by the search engine in Microsoft SharePoint online. You can add words to the search query box and it will return the solutions.
4. SharePoint Libraries
The host can use it to store, group, modify, filter, and capture vital data. The content in the data can be stored in the library.
A library allows the members to manage, create, collect, and update files collaboratively. One of the many benefits of SharePoint is that you also get access to a great number of default libraries for specific purposes. You get the freedom to use default library apps to build new libraries.
5. SharePoint Project Site
This template has many components that support project management.
- There is a project summary.
- The task timetable.
- The list of tasks.
- The calendar has a month.
- It has a document library.
- There are features in built-in task management.
It is easy to handle tasks and projects hassle-free with this method.
What are the pros and cons of SharePoint?
Pros of SharePoint
- Many Features: It has a diverse set of features like task management, document management, security information, and asset library. This gives your organization a seamless experience in sharing, managing, and storing information in the digital world.
- Office 365 Integration: Office 365 products work seamlessly with SharePoint. Your organization can leverage all products and connect them with SharePoint.
- Integration: There are great exclusive functionalities with SharePoint. You can also integrate extensions with existing businesses, including CRM and ERM. This will make it easier for organizations to get access to information.
- Customization: Many organizations are choosing SharePoint as it can be molded to meet various business requirements. It gives you different types of enterprise solutions, intranets, portals, collaborative workspaces, and more.
- Reliability: With Microsoft support, you can rely upon solutions during setup, installation, and more. They will provide answers to the technical problems you come across in SharePoint.
- Collaboration: SharePoint aims to increase employee participation if used properly. You can use it as a central hub for messages, video chat, schedule meetings, and other productivity tools.
- Data Security: Microsoft SharePoint online has advanced level protection. The data transmissions are protected using the best encryption method. There is two-factor authentication to identify the correct users.
Cons of SharePoint
- Less Control: Once you move to cloud services, you get control of the front-end and could disrupt your business requirements.
- Increases Bandwidth: It is a slow and painful experience after migrating with Office 365 and may increase your bandwidth.
- Extra Development Efforts: Consider the additional time, issues, and cost required in case of integration. This might affect the productivity of the employees.
- Extensive Features are complicated: With a wide range of SharePoint features and benefits, you get confused. It consumes more time to invest in tailoring the perfect features and functions.
The Last Takeaway!
“The pros and cons of SharePoint have been given to you by us. It’s perfect for businesses of all sizes that need team collaboration for projects.”